Thursday, September 29, 2011

Some quick happenings around the house

I realized abut a month or so ago that I had a bee problem... a nest under our front step... I emailed a question to one of my coworkers who is a beekeeper himself to help me identify if they were honeybees and how to get rid of them... After trying to send him a picture he ended up just coming on by the house where he confirmed his suspicion, they were wasps, not bees... He said he's tried everythign to get rid of them, drowning, covering in dirt, mixing up various 'chemicals', to no avail until at a convention he was told to pour a little gasoline in the hole and light it and that does the trick... so I gave it a shot one morning while Daisy was still in bed and the bees, i mean wasps, were well, still sleeping to, so i hoped...



after a couple tries getting the match to light the gasoline, it worked!





YouTube Video



and my wasp problem is no more. It's a good thing when new visistors come, since they come to the front door, even though we use our side door more, but moreso because daisy and i love to sit on the front step and wait for mommy to come home... we haven't gotten to do it in a while, since mommy's been home the last two months, but daisy still likes to wonder over to the front step and sit down and watch the cars go by... and she can now do it again safely without the risk of being stung!






The past few weeks have been especially nice at lunch time, where Rose and Wendy have come to visit me. Here is Rose working hard in my co-worker's chair... I'll miss these lunch dates when wendy goes back to work, not too mention the eating out that we've done in just the past week, mexican, chinese, pizza buffet at Ceritanos (mmmm), etc... next week... back to pb and j...




YouTube Video

Here is a short video of a birthday gift for Daisy from Aunt Katie and Uncle Chris.




YouTube Video

One of the first words she learned was ladybug, which she still just calls, lbug,... she loves lbugs like her mommy loves ladybugs...
We love you Aunt Katie and will be praying for your surgery.



YouTube Video

and finally.... as I took Daisy to 'school' the other day, i was trying to grab a picture of daisy with her back-pack on, but i couldn't get her to walk in front of me...



What trio of beautiful girls I have in my life...

No comments: