Monday, February 15, 2010

A Real Date...

For Valentine's Day, I told David I wanted to surprise him and take him on a real date. Instead of celebrating yesterday, we celebrated today. Jessamyn volunteered to watch Daisy for 5.5 long hours (Daisy was a handful) and David and I enjoyed a night to ourselves.

We first went to dinner at Luigi's, a great little Italian restaurant in Roanoke. We had never been to it, and it was recommended by my coworker Peggy. We loved the food and had a great time. We got bruschetta as an appetizer:
David got a filet with stuffed shrimp:
And I got the lasagna:
We had fun taking pics of each other (it was very dimly lit so the pics aren't great)
We topped dinner off with a fantastic homemade carrot cake for dessert.
After dinner, I surprised David with tickets to the Roanoke Symphony and Orchestra. We enjoyed a fantastic performance of Beethoven in the first half (Symphony No. 6 , F Major "Pastorale") and after intermission
Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor. That part featured a guest pianist.
The concert lasted several hours and we left between the first and second encores for the guest pianist. He was great, but we had to get home to Daisy.

Thanks to Jessamyn and JD for watching Daisy and allowing us to have a great night out! She cried most of the night for them and didn't make their jobs easy. They are true friends!

1 comment:

Kelly Pious said...

I love Luigi's! I think my dad took me on a "date" there once when I was pretty little. So cute. And definitely a Roanoke landmark!