Saturday, November 13, 2010

HCA VA 8k

Last year's Christmas gift to my family was race registrations to do the HCA Va 8k race together. It was today in Richmond, and mom and dad walked it while Cheri (and her friend James), David and I all ran it.

Here are David and I at the start line:

This is David finishing... he's in the maroon top and gray sweats on the left side...

David did so great! He told me it would take him an hour and a half, but he finished in 1:01, which was only 4 minutes after me. If I had known he was so close, I would have stopped to run with him! I am so proud!

Here's the whole family afterwards:

We celebrated with breakfast at Cracker Barrel...Daisy liked playing with Grandpa's medal.

All in all it was a great day. Cheri and I were pleased with our times (she rocked out with 49:21, while I did 57:21) and Mom and Dad did great walking the whole 5 miles. Now they know they can do it, and I hope this jumpstarts them to more years of exercise. The next plan is to possibly do the Susan G. Komen 5k Race for the Cure together in Richmond in May.

No comments: