Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Faith Challenge

This week, I've been "assigned" to blog on nlcf.net daily as part of our church's 6-week Summer Faith Challenge. I've decided that I'll copy what I post there to my personal blog as well...

------------------------------
Summer Faith Challenge (day 22 of 42)

So I’m already off to a “rough” start with my faith challenge. Yesterday was my first assigned day to blog, and I forgot. Oops. But that’s the great thing about something like a faith challenge. It’s designed to last over a long haul, and along the way there will always be slip-ups.

This week I’ve been reading in the Psalms as a start to the women’s bible study on the psalms of ascents. We’re memorizing one, Psalm 121. In this psalm, there’s a verse that stands out to me today.

Psalm 121:3 (HCSB) states: “He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber.”

There will be times when the faith path gets slick, and its easy for us to slip up. But God is there to protect us and to help us keep our footing. That is such an encouragement to me.

But what happens when we slip up anyway?

Jude 1:24 states: “To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—”

We may lose our footing, but our Lord is there to keep us from getting really banged up, so that we can finish the race before us “without fault and with great joy.”

Keep running hard on this challenge…

No comments: