Saturday, February 21, 2009

Announcing...

David and I are happy to announce that houseofchinn will be getting a new member in August! We are expecting our first little one on August 29!

We are so excited we are beside ourselves. This is truly a blessing from the Lord and we cannot wait for the time to come. We've let as many folks as we can know in person and are now basically allowing the mouths of others and the internet to help spread our news!

After trying unsuccessfully for a number of months, we took a home test on Christmas Eve and got an early present -- two lines! We were very happy and wanted to share immediately with my family who was in town for Christmas, but we decided to hold the news. We then traveled to France and went through that whole trip (living with 6 others) without sharing the news as well. (Since I'm not a drinker anyway, it made it easy for me to visit wineries without raising any eyebrows from our travel companions.)

We had our first appointment at the end of January when we were just about 10 weeks. We had our first ultrasound, and they decided to estimate my due date at August 29 -- an easy date for us to remember since it's my birthday!

We then took a blitz driving trip to Richmond and Va Beach to tell as many family and friends as we could before coming and telling folks in Blacksburg. And this past week, I finally felt the timing was right to share with my co-workers in Giles.

So, there's the news! We are NOT planning to find out the gender -- we want to be surprised! So you'll all find out in August when we do what we're having.

Oh, and so far, I've felt pretty good during pregnancy. Not too many mornings of sickness and we're in the last week of the first trimester, so I feel very blessed!

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

My goodness. Finally. I've been waiting for you to post this. Congratulations! I love you guys and can't wait to meet the mini-chinny.