Saturday, February 28, 2009

The end of a trimester and other tidbits from the week...

So yesterday was the last day of our first trimester. We began week 14 today. I have heard the second trimester means more energy -- and that couldn't come at a better time. I am at the end of two very long weeks of stuff.

Last Sunday, we had a social justice expo that involved the showing of 3 videos at church that I was responsible for putting together. They came out great, but I spent all of my free time last week finishing them off. I hope to have them uploaded on the web soon so others can see.

This Sunday, we close out our social justice series and I'm doing the speaking. That's right, another week of prep for Sunday. I am actually sitting in the library right now on campus putting some final touches on my talk so I can start the run-throughs.

Tonight is nlcf's annual "Dancing with the Staff" fundraiser for our worship dance team. I got roped into dancing this year, so that should be a laugher! I'll post pics/video later on after the event. :)

I've been busy with paperwork for my job, and in addition to my usual every 2-week paperwork that is due by Monday at 8am, I also have four 90-day review reports due at the same time. And our supervisor said if we get everything in on time, we get a paid vacation day of our choice. I really could use that day, so there's no way I'm not getting them done...

And finally, I've been in the thick of the application process for the job I've wanted for over a year. The school counselor job in the school where I currently work (I work for an outside agency in the school right now) has come open. It is going to be a competitive process for sure. I have been trying to spend a good bit of time preparing for this because I really, really, really want this job. I just found out I am interviewing next Friday (3/6) at 10:30am, so all prayers are welcome!

I keep hearing that I need to slow down since I'm pregnant, and I understand the sentiment. I'm not trying to overload myself -- it's just the way it's all managed to fall. I had no idea back in January all these things would hit at once.

Overall, I am trying to learn to make adjustments to my life and say no to things. I am trying to rest more and build more family time into my schedule. And in general, I think I'm doing a good job. These past two weeks have just been the exception... but the end is in sight!

One more baby note -- our second doctor's appointment is later this week. I'll post more about that in a few days.

No comments: