Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fun times on Saturday


Yesterday, I ran my 3rd half-marathon in 90 days! (actually 85) Woo hoo! This was something I put on my 'bucket list' after Rose was born. It's the minimal requirement for a group called "Half Fanatics" and I wanted to give it a shot. I'm happy to say that I succeeded!

My friend Jessamyn and I drove down to Tazewell county to run the Varmint 1/2 marathon and 5k. I race the half, Jesse ran the 5k. We had a blast on our roadtrip and enjoyed the weather and scenary. I definitely passed more cows than people on my run!

David stayed home with both girls and our friend Jessica came over to help out. They enjoyed donuts before heading to the park.

Here's Jess with the girls at Caboose Park.

Once I got back in town, David took Daisy to a co-worker's house for a birthday party for his son, who turned 2. Daisy enjoyed playing in the water and eating some snacks while mommy and Rose napped back home.

It was a great day and a great start to the weekend!



No comments: