Thursday, August 7, 2008

more random tidbits

1) only ONE DAY LEFT of the great ice cream fast '08. that means tomorrow is the start of the olympics and jeanette's big 30th bday! :)

2) the president of NRCC just stopped by my office to say he heard i was leaving. he told me i better stay in touch, and that this place would miss me. that brought the reality of me leaving to a whole new level.

3) i am tired of all the brett favre drama. thank goodness the jets got him. now we can move on to other stories in the nfl preseason. speaking of which, the bears first preseason game is tonight, and i'm recording the replay of it on nfl network at midnight. yes, i am that excited about football season being here that i am setting my dvr so i can watch part of it tomorrow!

4) papa has been moved into the rehab facility in tappahannock and they say he might be there for 6 weeks. this will be a huge adjustment for him and mema. keep them in your prayers!

that's about it for now... i'm sure i'll post more later.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I was just on Beth Moore's site and couldn't miss your HOKIE picture (with your comment)! Go Tech! I took classes at Tech many, many years ago and still manage to get to town for a game or two a year (football, of course). My husband tries to make it to a FEW games each year!
I just read a bit of your blog, but will plan to read much more later!