Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kidney Transplant Update on Chris' Health

Those of you who have been on this blog since the start know it was first created to update everyone on the transplant between David and his brother Chris. David donated a kidney to Chris in April 2008. There have been some challenges for Chris over the past year, but he sent an email earlier today with some great news that we wanted to share.

Here's the email from Chris:

Hey brothers and sis-
For the first time since April of 2008, I have some good news to share with you. As you may or may not know (cause it is the Chinn way to not complain) my health and success post transplant has been challenging to say the least. Kidney function is one item that we have been struggling with. Each of you (including David) have a kidney function of about .03. My kidney function before my transplant was 13.0. You need dialysis when you kidney function is between 7.0-8.0. Post transplant my kidney function was 1.4-1.5. Since transplant is has continued to climb and has stayed between 2.2 and 2.6 for quite some time. We (my doctor) recently made some more medicine changes, and after labs yesterday, my creatinine was 1.6. That is the best it has been in well over a year!
Hopefully this is a sign of more positive things to follow. This is very good news and I just wanted to share it with all of you.
See you all next week.

Chris


Let's praise God for this improvement, and continue to pray that his kidney function will decrease into an even lower range, closer to normal.

No comments: